An All-New Collection of Original Shorts
Broken Box Mime Theater (BKBX) activates their unique reinvention of throwback French pantomime to present a 90-minute collection of all-new stories that riff on the many layers of Skin: color, consent, border, point of contact, identity, a molting snake. There will be a Brooklyn beard competition, a dance of romance, and a sitcom gone awry. There will be wrestling and zombies. There will be lights, original music, and bodies telling each narrative, weaving them all into a singular evening of activated imagination and a dive into the deep deep
Previews Begin January 18th
Opening January 24th
At The Jeffrey and Paula Gural Theatre
502 W 53rd St, New York, NY 10019
at the A.R.T./New York Theatres
Tickets are $20 until December 15, $25 in advance; $30 at the door.
Runtime: 90 minutes, no intermission
– Join us for a toast to kick off the run on Saturday, January 19
– Wednesday, January 23, Thursday, January 24, Wednesday, January 30 and Thursday, January 31 are our Out Loud Series: these performances will be followed by an informal guided talkback
– Friday, January 25 is Singles Night: those who participate get a drink on the house and a reserved seat near another single. Bar mixer to follow
– Sunday, January 27 and Sunday, February 3 are Relaxed Performances: these performances are designed to provide accessibility to those who would prefer a theater that allows movement and noise-making, including folks with neurodivergence or with young babies.
– Saturday, February 2 is our Donor Night; the performance will be followed by closing-night toast
Nick Abeel*, Becky Baumwoll*, Dinah Berkeley, Ismael Castillo, Duane Cooper*, Géraldine Dulex, Blake Habermann*, David Jenkins*, Tasha Milkman, Marisa Molnar*, Joél Pérez*, Regan Sims*, and Matt Zambrano*.
* denotes performing in SKIN
Artistic Director: Becky Baumwoll
Resident Stage Manager: Esti Bernstein
Resident Lighting Designer: Jamie Roderick
Photo credit: Bjorn Bolinder
Thanks to our amazing sponsors: